Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cookin with Sydney Rose



I decided today that Sydney was going to help me make lunch. I am getting tired of making food for the kids and they dont eat it! Instead they would rather have cheez its and fishes. So maybe if Syd made the food with me she would be more excited to eat it. That was the plan at least.

So we cut up the chicken stuck in the oven, put water in the pot and boiled it, added pasta and while all that was cooking Syd got to work grating the cheese. And I didnt just have her watch me. All of that stuff I had her do. Well except cutting the chicken.
I showed her when the pasta was done and the size of the pasta changed.

And here is the final product. Chicken over bow tie pasta with tomato and basil sauce... green beans and the kids favorite... cheese. Now did it work? Did the kids eat the food? They didnt like the sauce so they wouldnt eat the chicken. They didnt eat the green beans but they loved the pasta with cheese. While it didnt work so much getting them to eat there food, it was still fun. Sydney like watching for the water to boil, and learning what straining the pasta means. So all in all it was a great learning experience for her.

No comments: